Thursday, April 25, 2013

Why I Am Here

I am 38 years old and have been in love with the outdoors since my father took me fishing for the first time at two and a half years old.  Since then I have added a few more outdoor activities to my life that I cherish, like hunting, ice fishing, trapping, rock climbing, swimming, snorkeling, canoeing, snowshoeing, cross country skiing  and camping.   These two men in the photo to the left are largely responsible for my love of the outdoors my father and grandfather, three generations of woodsmen.  I have lived all my life in the state of Maine.  We have sayings like, "It is to cold to snow" in the winter and in the summer it can be oppressively hot and humid.  All my Buschcrafting experience is relative to Maine.  In my early 30's I developed a love of seemingly antiquated skills that I would hate to see die out like candle making, soap making, cast iron cooking, and shaving with a straight razor.  I am a person who likes being prepared all the time.

When I looked at my hobbies and how much time I was spending in the woods, acquiring Bushcrafting skills seemed like the next logical step for me.  I never knew that Bushcrafting would become my favorite way to spend my leisure time.  I love learning new Bushcrafting skills and sharing them with others.  I would like this blog to be a place to share what I have learned, what works, what does not, and some of my epic failures.
This blog is were I want to review gear and modifications I make to my gear to make it work better for me.  I also want to know what people think and their ideas. Until next time keep your knives sharp and your powder dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment