Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Bushcrafting Buddies New and Old: Changes in My life in the Past Year

My life has changed for the better from a year ago. My Blogging for a while is going to be a combination of  what I am doing now, and what I did last year when I did not have a laptop.    I am excited to tell everyone what I have done in the past year.

Luna and I Doing Couch to 5k
 I have lost 25 pounds and am getting regular exercise.  That last 25 pounds represents a 100 pound weight loss over four years.  I used to be 325 pounds.  I have had a lot of help with exercise from the lovely Colleen, and new friend Luna.  I have switched to a low carb paleo diet and the weight has melted off me.  My weight plateaued at 250 pounds three years ago, and thanks to Colleen switching us to a paleo diet the weight has come off in like two months.

I have a step-daughter who is going to college in a few days.  Her energy, and the vitality she brings to our house will be missed.  I wished I had more time with her to do things that I never thought I would do like going to field hockey games, and family sit down dinners.  The realization that I wish I had gotten to see more of her games came to me when I saw some Junior High kids practicing getting ready for the season to start.  I was a for twenty years of my adult life I was a bachelor, so I never thought these would be things I would ever experience, let alone miss.  My life has taken some really interesting turns in the last year and all of them were positive. 

Sean, my step-son as always is ready to do anything outdoors.  This last month he has learned to snorkel.  He was intimidated at first, but now takes to it like a duck to water.  The video you see is his break through with the snorkel and he has never looked back.  Excited to be taking him to the Caribbean in May, where he will have lots of opportunities to snorkel.  

Somebody Likes the Woods
I acquired a new bush-crafting buddy almost 6 months ago. She is cute, and quite the swimmer.  Her name is Luna, and she is willing to go anywhere anytime. She loves running with me, and hiking.  She is a water dog, loves too swim, and will retrieve anything you throw in the water.  She has two settings play, and sleep.
Somebody Likes the Water













I asked Colleen to marry me, and we are getting married in Mexico in December of this year.  I proposed on Old Orchard Beach in March during a getaway for her birthday.  In addition to the engagement,  she sprained her ankle badly, but toughed it out, and we had a great weekend.  Colleen encourages, and supports me in all my outdoor endeavors and is usually my willing companion on outdoor adventures.  There is nothing in life that she does not support me in and am happy be able to spend the rest of my life with her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment